Joys Of Life & Pain Memoirs | ACKNOWLEDGE PAIN.
With Acknowledge Pain, Thaione Davis delivers a dirty and unforgiving epilogue that slams the final chapters close within The Joys of Life & Pain Memoirs. These jagged lyrical fragments draped in full disregard, paint an absolute afterthought between the parallels of balance. From gritty vocal performances, to the oversized drum lines, once again we are taken through a tapestry of sonic contempt, sketched along a canvas that reads: Southside of Chicago. With the original Joys of Life & Pain, the principle idea was geared around celebrating life and carried with it 19 tracks of chance and honesty. Here with the addition of 14 tracks, Davis presents his antagonist side with a menacing finesse, and boasts a polluted flow unlike we have heard him before. Always one for seducing the speakers, Davis revisits his original production team by way of Rashid Hadee, Tall Black Guy, Kenny Keys, The GEAUX, and Buscrates 16-Bit Ensemble, with the addition of Kenautis Smith and Dj 5ifth Element. But of course this the 10th studio album would not be complete without Thaione also contributing to the production fold as well. Vocal appearances include some of Chicago's finest microphone controllers Psalm One, Rashid Hadee, Infinito 2017, Rita J, Fatnice, Neak, Race (of The Primeridian), Cos G, YahManMeel, Dee Jackson (of 80's Babies), and Adad. In this new social era and hyper technological age, the frailty and moral weakness of life is ever more clear. The sheep continue to fall for the popular view. This is what we would like to call, a true "Renegade Rebel Tape".
released November 12, 2013
Produced/Written/Arranged by Thaione Davis for Davis Int'l. * Emanuelle'’s Theme Music (ASCAP)
Recorded by The Imagination of Ghetto Youth
Mixed / Engineered by Kalifornia Lo-Fi Commision (KLFC)
(10,12) produced by Rashid Hadee for Hadee's 2nd Life Productions * Hadee's 2nd Life (ASCAP)
(8) produced by Tall Black Guy for Tall Black Guy Productions
(13,14) produced by Keny Keys for Daddy's Hands
(3) produced by The GEAUX - for Whowhatwhere
(5) produced by Kenautis Smith for Daemari Production
(7) produced by Buscrates for Obscure Oscillators, Inc. * 16-Bit Ensemble (BMI)
(11) produced by Dj 5ifth Element
(7) written by Dee Jackson x YaManMeel * Dee Dackson appears courtesy of 80's Babies Ent.
(1) writen by ADaD x Fatnice * Hot Peas & Butta (ASCAP) *D. Jackson_Write On Brotha (ASCAP)
(2) written by Psalm One * Charm Lab (ASCAP)
(6) written by Cos G * Evil Is Good (ASCAP) Neak * Infinito 2017 * Infinito One (ASCAP)
(9) written by Race (of the Primeridian) * Racetacula (ASCAP)
(4) written by Rashid Hadee * for Hadee's 2nd Life Productions * Hadee's 2nd Life (ASCAP)
Scratches x Cuts by Dj Jelify
Artwork commissioned by Marcellous Lovelace * marcellouslovelace.com
Design / layout by Congo Square Design Group
Copyright 2013. Jericho Lounge Music. All Rights Reserved.
*For inquiries/booking contact: firstname.lastname@example.org