The title to Thaione Davis' ninth studio album "The Joys Of Life & Pain" truly sums up the story of the project. From the eagerness of adolescence, young adult struggles, to the balance of manhood in urban warfare, all delivered with just as much, if not more, passion and hunger as his previous. The kind exhibited when someone first come into the game. "Me, all I got is broke pockets with the ambition of a rocket. Heat seeking". Yet he is far from a rookie and there's undeniable growth and maturity, like that of a man who's walked through the fire, lived and not ashamed. Not big on comparing but many times as I listened, I likened his raw and honest lyrical delivery to the better moments of Tupac. And did I mention that all of the beats are HEATERS. A lot of grit, a lot of bang and a lil sum'nin for the "hey day" enthusiast. Neck brace required. From the rough and smooth, this is how hip hop was to evolve.
- Duane Powell (DJ / Tastemaker)
*** CD digi-pack features exclusive album bonus track: "No Reciprocal" produced by Thaione Davis. Not available on digital format.
*** VIDEOS ***
"Feel Right" www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc4qlFlWxLA
"Everything is Everything" www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro3ZPBg5XFA
"8- Bit Analysis" www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEX9cjWu5KU
released May 7, 2013
Executive Produced by Dominique Jackson
Produced/Written/Arranged by Thaione Davis for Davis Int'l. * Emanuelle'’s Theme Music (ASCAP)
Recorded by The Imagination of Ghetto Youth
Mixed / Engineered by Kalifornia Lo-Fi Commision (KLFC)
(1,8,13,15) produced by Rashid Hadee for Hadee's 2nd Life Productions * Hadee's 2nd Life (ASCAP)
(4,9) produced by Tall Black Guy for Tall Black Guy Productions
(10,12) produced by Keny Keys for Daddy's Hands
(5) produced by The GEAUX - for Whowhatwhere
(6) produced by J. Slikk for Backpackers Anonymous
(14) Produced by Buscrates for Obscure Oscillators, Inc. * 16-Bit Ensemble (BMI)
(4) written by Dee Jackson * Dee Dackson appears courtesy of 80's Babies Ent.
(5) writen by ADaD * Hot Peas & Butta (ASCAP)
(11,16,19) written by Add-2 * Add-2 appears courtesy of Add-2 Productions
(12) written by Race (of the Primeridian) * Racetacula (ASCAP)
(14) writen by Melatone * Pencil Pain Publishing (BMI)
(14) written by Rashid Hadee * for Hadee's 2nd Life Productions * Hadee's 2nd Life (ASCAP)
Artwork commissioned by Marcellous Lovelace * marcellouslovelace.com
Design / layout by Congo Square Design Group
Copyright 2013. Jericho Lounge Music. All Rights Reserved.
Make your voice heard....submit your album reviews and enter our weekly tee-shirt raffle. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*For inquiries/booking contact: email@example.com